Monday, March 1, 2010

My boy

Yesterday, I was upstairs and called down to ask Franklin to put the lasagna in the oven. A bit later, he calls up to me that he thought he was setting the timer on the microwave, but it turns out that it was the clock, and the lasagna will be ready when the clock says it's four o'clock.
I then asked him if it had occurred to him to reset the clock, then set the timer. It, of course, had not.
And he didn't take the hint-when I went downstairs, the clock was still set to the wrong time.



Now, is it just us, or does sort of thing happen in other homes?
Do your kids seem to have come from another planet entirely?

3 comments:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Isaac went into the lazy Susan to find a snack yesterday. In rummaging around he knocked 5 jars of stuff off of the shelves, including overturning an industrial sized jar of canola oil. When I discovered this, an hour later, when the oil had oozed out from the cap and puddled lovingly at the base of the Susan, he said, "Oh yeah, I dropped some stuff when I was getting a granola bar."

After the stern talking to in which I outlined many key points of cleanliness and survival that boiled down to the basic concept of "Pick it up, you big ding dong!", he shrugged and wandered off. ggggrrrrr.

joan said...

So you know where I'm coming from.

:Earth: said...

No Joan, we are boys...........we love our mothers, we really do. Mom's are great, what would we do without the greatest person in our lives? Sure, we act like ......oh I don't know, maybe like little messed up little creeps....but we don't mean it! You mom's are so so special. This guy @ 66 still remembers his mom's love,her softness, her "touch". Joan pls don't give up on your blog..........it's so cool. :EARTH: