Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I am soooo old!

Gregory's birthday cake is in the oven right now. The fact that my youngest child is turning seven is not really the problem, though.
My sister-in-law, Dawn, makes this great cake the kids all love. Until today the kids have always been able to charm their aunt into making the cake for them. Gregory waited too long to bring the subject up, so I figured my number was up. I would have to do the honors. Dawn told me the recipe was on the back of the box of Hershey's cocoa. No problem, I have one in the cupboard, I'm golden. Until I tried to read the recipe. At first I hoped I couldn't read it because it was in an unfamiliar language. Or a strange, elaborate font. Turns out it was just really, really, really small. I had to print the recipe from the web in order to decipher it.
Happy birthday, Greg. I'll try not to hold this against you.

2 comments:

Emilia said...

This is particularly comforting to me today. I picked my "baby" up earlier, forgetting that he hasn't been a comfortable weight to lift for the last three years. It hurts to walk now. Oi, my aching back!

Katey said...

There will be NO complaints about age from you whipper snappers!! Honestly, it could have been so MUCH worse. Just imagine if you dare...I could have made the Cake... and that would have ended that lovely little tradition ON THE SPOT!