Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 36

1. There is a snowman on North Street and Evening Street that has one arm curved gracefully over its head. It appears to be a dancer, a tough image to convey in this medium.
2. The last time I worked, my coworker, Pat, was filling a bowl with a pasta salad when she found the salad smelled a bit "off," so she said she was just going to leave the salad in the cooler with a note saying that she didn't think the salad was any good. I responded by quoting Green Eggs and Ham. Here is the message Pat ended up leaving on the salad container.
"I would not eat it in a box,
I would not eat it with a fox.
I would not eat it in the rain.
I would not eat it on a train.
I would not eat it on a mat.
I would not eat it!
Signed, Pat."

3. I talked to a friend I hadn't heard from in a while.

4


5. Greg's project is done. I don't remember being this tired, or relieved, when I finished my Master's thesis. Of course, I was twenty years youger then.

2 comments:

Emilia said...

First of all, that spider video was even better than "Green Anaconda". Which, let's face it, was tough to beat as far as nature clips go.

Second, what WAS Greg doing all day? Every time I drove up and down Caren, he was out there with a shovel. Most mysterious.

joan said...

The spider video was supposed to go with The next day's post. This is what I get for letting posts pile up so I have to type in more than one on any given day. And no, I don't consider this cheating, because I do write the list on the proper day, I just don't always get it posted right away.
Shame the spider video didn't have a catchy jingle.