Thursday, October 30, 2008

Peer Pressure

Pretty much everybody I know gardens. Small gardens, huge gardens, mainly vegetables, mostly flowers, whatever. I sometimes plant some things, but I don't garden. Now, my resistance is finally wearing down
I currently have stacks of books from the library about gardening and canning. I plan to read them and try to learn from them, and I fully intend to put what I learn to use. I also have been watching videos and reading articles online.
Because I don't really know anything much about gardening, and in fact, I haven't learned much about it because I hate gardening. I hate the bugs, I hate being out in the heat, and I am talking hate here. However, I am going to attempt to change this.



In addition to the aforementioned sources of information, I plan to devote the coming winter to visualizing a prolific garden, and to convincing myself that dirt on my hands doesn't make my skin crawl. By spring, I will be fully converted. That's the plan, anyway.

No comments: