Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today's list

1. This. And this.

2. Homemade chocolate sauce. I've attempted this before, but have never really been happy with the results. I don't know why it worked this time, this recipe can't be that different than any other I've tried.

3. This morning I got clearance to do more walking without the boot. At my next appointment, I might even get permission to take an actual walk.

4. I get to go buy new tennis shoes for work. The pair I had been wearing are getting pretty broken down, and the doc strongly suggested that I have a new pair, one that might offer some actual support, before I try to work without the boot. I love new sneakers.

5. After about a month of experimentation, I'm getting the hang of the five minute a day bread. At first I wasn't really happy with the texture, but this most recent batch is good. Mind you, it's not like any of the previous batches ever sat around growing mold. The whole family has enthusiastically supported my efforts, even to the point of suggesting that two loaves a day might be called for. You know, in the name of research.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I am so glad you mentioned the Five Minute a Day Bread. I bought the book and basically looked thru it and put it down. But you find it doable? Which base did you find was the best one to start with?

joan said...

I've never seen the actual book, so I don't know what it's called. I just used the one the article said to start with. I have the book on reserve, so I can look it over and see if I want to buy it.
I will soon be moving on to the whole wheat sandwich bread. If I can get that to work we should be able to pay for college with what we save on bread.