Saturday, November 8, 2008

Whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (owl pellets)

I had my doubts before I tried these, but now they're the only cookies my kids want.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts, chopped

PREPARATION
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream the butter with the brown sugar until light in color, about 4 minutes. Beat in the egg until well incorporated. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until brown. Cool on a wire rack.


And here's something to amuse you while the cookies are in the oven.

2 comments:

Dee said...

That is so wrong. (Mostly because I tried to play it.)

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Loved it! I'm sure the cookies are good too.